Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dreaming a heart broken dream?

Yesterday I went to the book store to pick up a novel for my fathers birthday. As I walked in I was immediately greeted by a woman sitting alone at a desk signing her newly published book on one of those silly book tours that people love to do. Of course, nobody cared they walked past her ignoring the novel and the chance to have it signed. I kept walking and I tried to put it out of my mind the best I could.  But of course, I couldn't. There was something sad about seeing this woman introducing herself to random strangers trying to get some attention. You could tell that she was enthusiastic about this book, and I could tell she put some thought into writing it. But yet, it was ignored left to sit in isolation completely ignored. As a wanna be writer I began to imagine myself in her position. I pictured myself waiting for some one just to look at me. Say hey I liked your book alot! But I knew that would never come and I began to feel my dream melt away. As I left the book store my dads gift in hand I began to question if it was better to have your dream destroyed and face the feeling of disappointment, or if it was better not to dream at all. I wonder if that book will ever mean anything to anybody. I sure as hell hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment