Sunday, February 13, 2011

Number 6: The Ronettes- Be My Baby



To this day the challenge of creating THE perfect pop song still has not been accomplished. For my two cents, the closest that the world has ever gotten, is The Ronettes "Be My Baby." Indeed this is not a complex song by any means. However, there is something so wonderful here. The song teams with a fire and passion that makes the listener swoon. Even if he or she has never felt the comfort of love should be able to identify with this. The vocal performances and harmonies and awe inspiring in themselves but the real star here is Phil Specters legendary "Wall of Sound." The sound here is simultaneously sweeping and intimate. While I may be overstating what I am about to say, its just my opinion so please don't hate. This is the epitome of pop music. Without a doubt and without a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment